Africanus Erectus drew a line in the sand with a stick 2.5 million years ago. Man intuitively scribbled impressions on surfaces before he could write.
Murals predate man and were the earliest form of media. They have contributed to the survival of numerous cultures. People have been able to transmit their history and customs to us because of their ability to create pictures that communicate important ideas. They recognized the power of art and felt that huge pictures were holy, demanding the attention of everyone who saw them.
Resources for artists who want to create murals, signs, and other large pieces with precision and ease on murals. – Want to see your own website here and help other fellow mural artists? Get in touch and link to this URL to be included in the community! It is ALL FREE!
Resources for people who are interested in mural art
- The Association of Professional Muralists – Check out the link to become a member!
- Worldsign – Your One Source for Commercial Signage and Large Format Digital Printing
- New World Productions – Florida-based husband & wife design team – Skip and Illene Dyrda. Murals, Trompe l’oeil, Fine Art, Floorcloths & Objet d’Art.
- Sacredart Murals – some of the finest hand-painted landscape and children’s murals to be found anywhere.
- Stacey Baumgardners Murals – Another murals site, this time from California
- Art Effects…Murals, Tromp L’Oeil and Faux – Using trompe l’oeil and faux finishing to create murals and illusions in the decorative arts.
- The Faux Acadamy – Faux effects school presented by Heidi Von Weitzer based in Illinois, USA
- www.murals-for-kids-rooms.com – A guide to murals for kid’s rooms & wall art alternatives for decorating children’s spaces.
- Artists Helping Children – FREE toys, murals and art for children.
- Denver Fabrics – Folkwear Patterns – Folkwear patterns for period and ethnic apparel.
- Anti Graffiti Paint and Coatings
- The Benefits of Public Art
- Crayola – Exhibit in Public Locations
- Williamson Tunnels Heritage Centre
Directory of UK Mural Painters
We have included a Directory of UK Mural Painters, which you may find useful if you are wanting to commission a mural.
We do not check or vet for any of the ads on this page, and we recommend that you contact the muralist directly.
If you are a mural painter and would want your information to be included, please send us an email with the information shown below.
|Name||Area Covered||Web Address||Contact Tel.|
|Ric Machin||Mainly SW London||www.ricmachin.com||0208 330 0241|
07903 405 326
|Lisa Miller||Mainly NE England||www.thewhiskeredcat.co.uk||07886 753 797|
|Ian Ryall||NW England||www.ryalldesign.co.uk||07772 127 913|
|Mary Nugent||Entire UK||www.marynugent.co.uk||0208 769 5037|
07799 134 951
|Jazmin Velasco||S England||www.jazminvelasco.com||0790 500 3367|
|Laura Ann Morris||Entire UK||www.arttropezien.com||02392 826 457|
|Julia Parry||NE England||0794 655 7049|
|Angel Matica||London/ S England||www.muralman.co.uk||0208 368 5707|
0797 976 3859
|Louise Hunter||Northern Ireland||www.muralsforkids.co.uk||0774 298 8647|
028 7134 3833
|Joanne Wood||Entire UK/Europe||www.ukmurals.com||07931 711373|
|Katie Barrett||North England||www.wallsetc.co.uk||0783 422 9494|
|Lisa Harte||Essex||thecheekymonkeydesigns.co.uk||0792 974 7366|
|Sybil Roberson||Midlandsfirstname.lastname@example.org||01926 632405|
|Christopher Westall||SE England||www.mural-design.com||01268 570 323|
07767 262 959
|Hannah Thompson||SE England / Italyemail@example.com||0791 353 2809|
|Emma Sneddon||Northern Irelandfirstname.lastname@example.org||0791 232 5206|
|Keith Hollingsworth||Essex||www.murals-by-wallworx.co.uk||01245 224 790|
07789 742 412
|Dawn Hodgkins||N East & Borders||0191 460 7556|
0791 941 2915
|Anna Smith||London||www.muraldesign.co.uk||0797 457 4534|
|Merle Selgis||Manchester/N West||0773 739 6166|
|Philip McCarlie-Davis||Scotland||www.lightfootanimalart.com||0141 771 0274|
0784 089 9377
|Alison Rushton||Midlands||www.muraldesigns.blogspot.com||0797 727 1997|
|Louise Harland||SE England||www.murals.weebly.com||07919 948 941|
020 8679 5713
|Caroline New||Birmingham||www.funkreations.co.uk||0796 721 5188|
|Richard Bagguley||London||www.art-richardjbagguley.com||0208 767 6111|
0780 856 4998
|Julio Inchusta||London||www.tanbostudio.com||0208 809 0418|
07804 253 291
Organic, Environmental and Fair Trade Company Links – UK Based
- Traidcraft online store – The UK’s widest range of fair trade products
- Marsaba – Ethical and fair trade shopping
- People Tree – People Tree is a pioneer in Fair Trade and Ecology Fashion
- Animal Aid – The Animal Aid cruelty-free shop is packed with animal-free goods
- Aubery Organics – 100% Natural Hair, Skin & Body Care
- Bishopston Trading Company – Fair Trade and Ecology Fashion
- Ecotopia – Environmentally friendly – green and recycled products and gifts
- Ethical Wares – Vegan and fair trade – for a CRUELTY-FREE lifestyle
- Funky Wares – Fair Trade Clothing, Fair Trade HomeWare – Funky Hoodies & Funky Clothing
- The Pink Planet – Fair Trade jewellery, accessories, homewares, & things for the kids
- The Fair Exchange – Online Fair Trade Shop
- Ganesha – Fair Trade quality home furnishings and accessories from India
- Globalkids – Natural and Organic Baby Products
- Go Fair – Fairly traded goods from around the world
- Gossypium – The Ethical Eco-Cotton Store
- Green Apple – Ethical shopping at its most stylish
- Green Baby – Leading UK retailer of natural and organic products for your baby
- Greenfibres – Eco goods and garments
- Greenpeace – The Chemical Home
- Hug – Fair trade organic online fashion shop
- Little Earthlings – Loads of organic things for babies and children
- Natures Fibres – Quality Organic clothing, accessories and toys for organic baby and child
- Nutshell – Natural Paints
- One Village – Fair Trade retailer and wholesaler of craft made articles for the home
- One World is Enough – Fairly Traded Clothes, Crafts and Gifts from around the World
- Ecos Organic Paints – Odourless Solvent-Free Organic Paints
- Original Organics – The Home of the Wormery
- PlainLazy – The most dynamic, imaginative, in ya face & down right cheeky clothing label
- Pure Nuff Stuff – Hand made cosmetics specially formulated using 100% natural ingredients.
- Save A Flush – Water Saving Devices
- Smile Child – Organic, natural and fair trade shopping for mother and baby
- Spirit of Nature – Baby Clothes, Nappies, Organic Cosmetics, and 600 more natural products
- Su Su Ma Ma World Wear – Funky fair-trade clothes for children of all ages.
- Tatty Bumpkin – Natural organic clothes for children, Yoga classes and accessories
- The Biodynamic Agricultural Association – Holistic and spiritual understanding of nature
- Green Card Company – The recycled greeting cards company
- The Green Shop – Products for a sustainable future
- The Health House – Design for a healthy environment
- The Organic Gardening Catalogue – For organic and environmentally friendly gardeners
- There Must be a Better Way – Natural, Organic Skincare & Cosmetics
- VeganStore – Over 800 Animal and Cruelty Free Products
- New Consumer Shop – Britain’s only Fair Trade Magazine
- WhyOrganic – The Soil Association
- Wrap – Listing of recycled products available in the UK, details of over 3200 recycled products.
- WWF – World Wildlife Fund. Buy gifts online from WWF
- Sue’s Pantry – Organic, natural foods & remedies from the heart of Somerset.
- Yaoh – Organic vegan hemp products including a full bodycare range, food stuffs and clothing
- Amnesty International – Working To Protect Human Rights Worldwide
- Beaming Baby – Organic & natural living for mother baby & toddler
- BigBarn – Find Your Local Food & Drink Producers
- Ecotricity – The world’s first renewable energy company
- ethiscore.org – quickly & easily identify the best products to support & the companies to avoid
- Natural Collection – Inspiring products for a better world
- New Internationalist – The people, the ideas, the action in the fight for global justice
- Oxfam – Development, relief, & campaigning organisation for poverty & suffering around the world.
- HippyChick – Childrens Online Store. Hipseats, Baby Carriers & Shoo Shoos Shoes
- My Burts Bees – Buy Burts Bees products online
- Ecobaby – A great choice of natural baby and child products.
- Howies – Environmentally conscious casual clothing and sportswear
- Friends of the Earth – Solutions to environmental problems which make life better for everyone.
- Shared Earth – A fair trade company which supplies fabulous handcrafted gifts and stationery
- Cut4Cloth – 100% organic cotton baby clothes, designed to fit over cloth nappies
- Ethical Junction – Ethical Junction is the ethical businesses directory for the UK and Ireland
- Free Tibet Campaign – Campaigns for an end to China’s occupation of Tibet.
- Tibet Dreams – Stylish clothing designed by young Tibetans as well as books and CDs on Tibet.
- Ethical Hippo – FREE resource for ethical news and shopping
- The India Shop – Loads of great Fair Trade products
- Glo4life – Eco-urban fashion, responsibly made,: 100% organic cotton
- The Mad Show – Products from organic, fairtrade or sustainable resources
- Greeneyed Frog – Eco-friendly gifts, homewares and children’s toys
- Zero Point Zero – The Ethical Superstore
- Araucaria – Wonderful Fair Trade home furnishings, gifts, clothing and accessories.
- The Great Football GiveAway – Give a ball direct to a child in Malawi and give the gift of play.
- Earthbound Organics – Organic skin care , handmade with only the highest quality ingredients
- Pregnancy Place – Links to resources, services, products and communities.
- Jan’s Bedding – Home Bedding and Home Décor that’s Sure to Delight